A Taste of Chardonnay
Chardonnay is the world's most popular white wine, and for good reason. It's made from green-skinned grapes that adapt to a variety of climates, and they produce versatile wines in many price points and South Africa is known for top wines of this variety.
We hope you enjoy our Taste of Chardonnay
- Vriesenhof Unwooded Chardonnay : Made by rugby legend Jan-Boland Coetzee in Stellenbosch, this wine is floral with a hint of marzipan, lemon zest and dried pear. It has green apple and minerality on the finish.
- Eikendal Chardonnay : The legend of Eikendal's flagship continues. Cellar Master Nico Grobler created a legacy, a narrative with his visionary approach to a true Burgundian style Chardonnay. On the nose faint whiffs of jasmine and apple blossom with a delightful freshness and flintiness on the pallet. The wine shows a tight finish and a mineral core resulting in a long finish.
- Jordan Unoaked Chardonnay : Inspired by the styles of Chablis where Chardonnay is allowed to express its inherent character. A totally unique unoaked offering that is defined partly by extended lees contact that develops mouthfeel and nuance in the wine. Aromas of freshly grated lemon zest and citrus orchard that finishes with flavours of apricot puree and lime sorbet.
- La Motte Chardonnay : Light straw colour. Fruit nectarine and citrus blossom on the nose, with hints of cashew nut and baked bread as the only evidence of wood maturation. A juicy and polished entry, medium-full, with lots of citrus and juicy peach on the palate. Lively length with good freshness for a wood-matured wine.
- De Wetshof Limestone Hill Chardonnay : De Wetshof in Robertson is well known for their top Chardonnays. Heavy clay soils rich in limestone allow this wine to emit optimum varietal expression in a cloak of rich complexity. An un-wooded wine, Limestone Hill has notes of grapefruit and nuts, with the complexity balanced by a nuanced elegance ending with a delicate ripeness.
- Flagstone Poetry Chardonnay : Brilliant white gold. Zesty citrus aromas combine with dried peach and apricot. Lime and grapefruit flavours follow through on the palate, complemented by a balanced acidity and lingering aftertaste.
NB: WINES MAY CHANGE WITHOUT ANY NOTICE
|Winemaker||A selection from wine.co.za|
- Range: wine.co.za